Monday, August 25, 2008

Do you have a plethera of My Little Ponies? Can't remember all their names?

Sassy Pants is a HUGE *My Little Pony* fan. HUGE.

She mostly collects the standard size ponies, but she also has a few of the plush ponies and a whole bin of the Ponyville My Little Ponies....



Here's the problem...she *has* to know their names. I'm smart, but I just dont have the brain capacity to remember the names of 28ish My Little Ponies AND everything else a mom of 4 should remember, so yesterday we solved the "Mommy what is this Pony's name?" problem.



Rather than staring blankly at Sassy Pants like "Huh?", we've cateloged all of her ponies. Who the heck does this?! Us aparently. We pulled out all the ponies last night and photographed them with the digital camera. Then I uploaded them into photo shop and labeled them all. We had to look up most of their names- but we found most of them on this collector's website, but since she hasn't updated her collection since 2005, there were several ponies we had to google or find on hasbro.com.



So now, when Sassy Pants asks me "What's this Pony's name, Mom?" I can look her up in our "My Little Pony Catelog". We'll have to update it every time she gets a new pony (which will be soon I'm sure with her birthday and Christmas coming up), but since those come with their name plastered on the package, we won't have to do a bunch of reasearch to figure out their names! lol

The Sassy Pants Pony Collection Catelog looks something like this:





And I suppose if I wanted to- I could print them and put them in a photobook for her so that she could reference The Catelog herself rather than looking it up on Mommy's computer...
(hmm...thats actually not a bad idea!)

The Ponyville ponies are next, I swear! lol



Honestly you could probably do this with just abou ANY toy your child collects or has a googleplex of and insists on knowing ALL their names....like Littlest Pet Shop, Thomas Trains or Star Wars guys.... hmm.... lol

And the best part? Its FREE!!!! (unless you print it- then obviously it would cost you a bit...but worth it?! HECK YEAH!)

No comments: