Monday, December 1, 2008

A thanksgiving nobody will forget...

because this year my brother came down to spend thanksgiving with us. My brother works a lot, he's running a martial arts school and gets very little time to himself. So when he found out the school would be closed over the holiday, he immediatly made plans to come out and see his family!
My sister and her husband (and bunny) were in town this year too, they're leaving in January for graduate school. So this is probably the last thanksgiving- for a while anyway- where we had EVERYONE together.

My brother decided my big boys were big enough to enjoy his old Star Wars and Transformer toys, so he set out to dig through my parents closets until he found them. Umm...Maybe not the *best* idea- it became a HUGE project, but we found them, and all the kids got to enjoy them! While he was digging around in the closets he stumbled accross my elusive My Little Pony collection (and stable!) which I have spent the last 3 years looking for! Sassy Pants was very excited to see those, but seems to be enjoying the Quints babydolls we found in the closet too. I think she was dissapointed that I only have 6 ponies. Thats nothing compared to the 30+ she has (I had to explain to her that I was a bigger fan of dolls and thats why I didnt have many. She's a huge pony/horse fan, so she doesnt have many dolls
anyway....I got some great pictures of the kids enjoying their Uncle's Star Wars toys and Transformer toys! Grandma put them back in the closet, but at the front so that they are easily accessable...they're not "every visit" toys, but they will for SURE be coming out again soon. Unfortunatly I didnt get a picture of the kids with all the ships...

I just hope that my kids dont expect my brother to pull cool toys out of the closet EVERY time he visits- because thats it! No more cool toys hiding in the closet to be un-earthed!
Here are the kids with both of their uncles and their cousin- tearing into all the toys...
Scooty likes this dino transformer a lot
Bossy about to open a treasure chest...
Sassy even enjoyed the Star Wars toys!

No comments: